Vivo IPL 2018 Auction Date:
Date of IPL Auction 2018 is finalized. Six out of eight teams are not supporting the open auction of players while two are in the favour of it. The authorities haven’t yet come to any conclusion over the same. Therefore, the actual date of IPL 2018 auction is yet to be announced.
IPL 2018 Auctions on 27th and 28th Jan 2018
- MS Dhoni and Raina can be retained by Chennai super kings in IPL 2018 Auctions.
- Rajasthan can retain Steven Smith.
IPL 2018 Auctions will be little different this time. Each franchise can retain 5 players by a combination of Player Retention (Pre Player Auction) and Right to Match (RTM) (during the Player Auction). Right to match means Right to first choice.
- Shane Bond eyeing coaching role in IPL.
- SUN TV shares expected to rise according to CITI, due to IPL revenue.
Star Sports has won IPL 2018 media rights. IPL Player auctions for 2018 are expected shortly. Chennai super kings and Rajasthan Royals are back to IPL 2018. And They are looking to retain their old team particularly chennai. Dhoni has made his choice clear in many press meets.
IPL 2018 Media Auction Results:
Star India was declared as the winner of the IPL media rights from 2018 for 5 years. Star Sports won the auction with a consolidated global bid worth Rs 16347.50 crore and Star outbid Sony’s bid of Rs 11058 crore to bag the rights. Other bidders are Airtel, Facebook, Times Internet, Reliance Jio, be IN Sports, SuperSport, Yupp TV, Gulf DTH, BAM Tech, Econet Media Group, Perform Group, and Followon Interactive Media.
IPL 2018 Player & Team Auctions:
Popular Questions regarding IPL 2018 auctions to be answered.
- Will there be a fresh auction for players like Dhoni, Kohli, Rohit, etc?
- Will there be a common pool for sale ?
- Do you think Vijay Mallya will visit India for Auctions ?
- Whom do you think will get highest price if all the players including Dhoni, Gayle, Rohit, Kohli, etc. are put in the open IPL auction?
- How many players can a team retain in the IPL 2018?
IPL 2017 Auction Results:
Ben Stokes, all rounder from England fetched the highest bid price of Rs 14 crore from Rising Pune team. He is now the costliest foreign player to be bought in the history of IPL while an other England player Tymal Mills got Rs 12 crore from Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Salary cap for IPL 2018 Auctions:
This time IPL highest salary cap has been fixed as 80 crores compared to 66 crores in earlier seasons of IPL. Fate of IPL 2018 Auctions depends on the next IPL Owners meeting. Star Sports has won IPL 2018 media rights. IPL Player auctions for 2018 are expected shortly.
Chennai super kings and Rajasthan Royals are back to IPL 2018. And They are looking to retain their old team particularly chennai. Dhoni has made his choice clear in many press meets.